Monday 18 November 2013

Let's get physical.


Yeah! Enjoy that sexy gif.

Anyway, moving on...I've started my Heart Failure Cardiac Rehabilitation Programme. This is a fancy pants way of saying I'm doing a closely monitored exercise class in my local hospital.

It's a bit like that bit from the million dollar man opening. Covered in wires running on a treadmill...well....the reality was a tiny pulse monitor and me going very slowly on an exercise bike,  but I did shout out ' WE CAN REBUILD HER' at the top of my lungs while lifting the worlds smallest weights...no one understood that reference so I just looked insane.

The idea is it'll help me shift weight quicker and give me a bit more confidence to move around a bit more without the fear I'll suddenly collapse and die from my heart deciding to commit suicide.

I have done two so far, and I was the youngest person in the group by about a hundred years. After two weeks there was an incident that meant they have decided to move me to another slightly more intense group.

And now to the incident: the son of one of the other members of the group sat there taking photos of me during the class.

To say I was angry would be an understatement. But I calmly resolved the situation and the guy is now banned from the hospital and can now only eat through a straw (I jest...or do I?)

I felt so violated and ashamed. I was so nervous about doing this class, because I still get so tired very easily. On bad days just going down the stairs to get my breakfast wipes me out for the day! I want to feel confident about going out more and trying to return to doing more normal activities, just going to meet friends for dinner...ANYTHING!

And to have some asshole take pictures when I felt so vulnerable was just horrific! I have no idea still why he did it. He didn't seem to think there was anything wrong with it! Did he do it for titillation, because he was surprised there was someone so young and felt the need to document it? I have no idea...but I do know one thing.

That man is a twunt.

But I start the new class this Thursday. I'll update on what it's like...if I survive it.

Then this weekend I'm off to Leeds for Thought Bubble, it's an incredible comics convention set over a weekend, but they have loads of activities and talks going on during the week leading up to it too. We'll see how long I last on the floor, I'm going as press this year so I will actually get to walk around!

http://thoughtbubblefestival.com/

If you're there look out for the slightly angry looking-fat-red head moving around at a snails pace!


No comments:

Post a Comment