Monday 8 July 2013

I MADE IT TO 28!

Hello all!

Sorry it's been a while between this post and the last. I needed a break from everything heart related. ALSO I thought it'd be fun to try and re-decorate my entire house in a week.

Turns out this was not fun...but my downstairs looks amazing (not talking abut my vagina, but that looks great too.)

I turned 28 on July 3rd. All I could think about when I woke up was "FUCK YES, NOT PART OF THE 27 CLUB!" I am sure I'd be mourned just as much as Winehouse or Cobain by the plebeian masses.

To celebrate not dying I held a BBQ on Saturday and had all my favourite people turn up (well most of them, a couple of the sick ones were kept away) 

I bought enough meat to feed a small country and buns to feed about six small countries, then let other people cook it all for me.

I had such a wonderful day, all the people who mattered were there, my best friends and close family, who have helped me through this shitty ordeal.

Everyone got me amazing and thoughtful gifts (the ones who didn't were thrown on the BBQ) and I felt thoroughly spoiled and content.




Look at my Vivienne Westwood wellies!!! ADMIRE THEM!, GO ON!

I had a couple of supposed close friends who just didn't turn up. Which has upset me and got me thinking about the people I've barely seen since coming out of hospital. Those fair weather friends we all seem to accumulate.

I keep scolding myself for being upset over it, but this type of shit really does let you know who your true friends are. I may be broken, but that doesn't mean I can just be discarded until I 'work' again or can come out dancing all night on tables.

I was scolded by one who didn't turn up, who told me I was being ridiculous for being cross with him. He didn't understand how much my birthday meant, even though I'd told him about being so frightened I wouldn't make it to the next one and that I had been putting all my energy into making sure I was well enough to even have a bloody celebration.

He won't be invited again...and if he does turn up he'll go on the BBQ with the people who got me shite presents.

But anyway. No more negatives! I am enjoying feeling loved and also celebrated as a decorating genius (the living room is a lovely shade of mint and teal. Very zen innit). 





I will do that post on good healthy heart food next time! It'll go up on Thursday, I'll be the next Nigella!


2 comments:

  1. I enjoyed your redecorated bathroom with colour matched loo seat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is awesome. Gareth has a good eye :)

    ReplyDelete